When a woman reaches menopause, she experiences the end of ovarian function and menstruation, as well as the loss of production of the female hormone ‘oestrogen’.
Typically, women reach menopause in the UK at approximately 51 years, but it can be earlier (premature menopause) or much later.
It can be a challenging time in a woman’s life, as she may experience some discomfort and dysfunctions which can be embarrassing and inconvenient. Menopause syptoms vary, as does the extent of the problem, from woman to woman.
The menopausal years can present peculiar challenges due to altered body hormones and tissue consistency. These need to be addressed sensitively and efficiently. Common menopausal symptoms include:
- Hormonal dysfunction – hot flushes, irritability
- Cognitive dysfunction – sleep dysfunction, poor memory, psychological disturbances
- Bleeding dysfunction – heavy, prolonged and/or irregular uterine bleeding
- Urinary dysfunction – urinary frequency, urgency, leakage (incontinence)
- Prolapse – genital weakness
- Pelvic masses - fibroids, adenomyosis, ovarian cysts
Seeking help with menopause symptoms is nothing to be ashamed of and could have a dramatic positive inpact on your quality of life.
HOW CAN AURORA HELP WITH MENOPAUSE SYMPTOMS?
Whether there are urinary problems, prolapse, pelvic masses or bleeding problems, we provide prompt intervention to ensure you can continue a normal life with minimal disruption. Our caring team provide expert menopausal support. We will work with you to provide the best possible solution to suit your needs and lifestyle.